At Macon Occupational Medicine, our Rehabilitation program provides comprehensive, cost-effective services to meet the needs of our clients. The goal of our program is to assist in the management of injuries through objective and effective rehabilitation techniques. Early and aggressive rehabilitation of acutely injured workers has been proven to promote quicker healing and quicker return to unlimited work activities. MOM provides comprehensive rehabilitation services using and "Industrial Athlete" approach to promote effective injury management protocols. Our therapists provide intense one-on-one injury specific exercise protocols, effective use of therapeutic modalities, and injury prevention training. To assist in a complete case management of an injured worker, MOM also provides comprehensive return to work rehabilitation programs to assure safe and productive return to gainful employement. In conjunction with this aggressive intervention, our therapists develop individualized care plans that also identify risk factors for injury reduction while providing advanced education on injury prevention
Rehabilitation Services provided through Macon Occupational Medicine promote the following benefits:
- Comprehensive Care Models: We provide care to all patient types including ones who are acutely injured to ones who need post surgical care. We also provide comprehensive wound care. We have three different sized whirlpools available to treat from a single extremity or if needed up to the full body size.
- Prompt scheduling of referrals: Patients are seen within 1 to 2 business days of receiving a completed referral. This means quicker entry into rehab & faster case resolution.
- Typed progress notes on all patients so there is no interpretation of medical symbols or having to guess what the progress note indicates.
In addition to the services above we also perform:
- Functional Capacity Evaluations: Provides an objective measure of a person’s work capacities, reasons for limitations, and measure of effort and possible symptom magnification.
- Impairment Ratings: When a patient has reached maximum medical improvement, this assessment helps to determine physical capacity and presents closure for a particular case.
- Work Conditioning: A bridge between therapy and return to work to condition patients for the demands of the job.
If you have any further questions please feel free to contact Marlyn Aquino, PT at (478) 751-2932