Protect yourself and the Middle Georgia community from getting and spreading respiratory illnesses like the coronavirus disease. Everyone has a role to play in getting ready and staying healthy.
CDC is aggressively responding to the global outbreak of COVID-19 and community spread in the United States.
The “All of Community” approach is focused to slowing the transmission of COVID-19 and reducing illness and death, while minimizing social and economic impacts.
What every American & community can do now to decrease the spread of the coronavirus (COVID-19)
- Practice good hygiene – Stop handshaking & use other noncontact methods of greeting
- Avoid crowding
- For transportation businesses, taxis & ride shares: Keep windows open when possible, increase ventilation & regularly disinfect surfaces.
- Clean hands at the door & at regular intervals
- Disinfect surfaces like doorknobs, tables & handrails regularly
- Create habits & reminders to avoid touching face & cover coughs & sneezes
- Increase ventilation by opening windows or adjusting air conditioning
What to do if you are sick with coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19)
If you are sick with COVID-19 or suspect you are infected with the virus that causes it, follow the steps below to help prevent the disease from spreading to people in your home and community.
- Stay home except to get medical care.
- Separate yourself from other people & animals in your home.
- Call ahead before visiting your doctor.
- Wear a facemask.
- Cover your coughs & sneezes.
- Avoid sharing personal household items.
- Clean your hands often.
- Clean all “high-touch” surfaces every day.
- Monitor your symptoms.
- Discontinue home isolation only when instructed by healthcare providers and state and local health departments.