Dear Valued Client,
As you know, every employer, individual, firm, association, or corporation, regularly employing three or more employees, part-time or full time, must provide workers’ compensation insurance coverage. Furthermore, covered employers are required to conspicuously post the Georgia Workers’ Compensation Bill of Rights and Panel of Physicians notice in locations accessible to employees.
Recently, Georgia enacted a new law which updated the Workers’ Compensation Bill of Rights and Panel of Physicians. The revised Bill of Rights and Panel of Physicians were released earlier this month and must replace the previous one.
Effective July 1, 2023, the temporary total disability rate, temporary partial disability rate, and surviving spouse benefits increased. The notice, which includes information about employee rights and responsibilities under the state workers’ compensation law, was revised to reflect the following:
· The maximum weekly benefit for Temporary Total Disability (TTD) increased to $800 (up from $725).
· The maximum weekly benefit for Temporary Partial Disability (TPD) increased to $533 (up from $483).
· The maximum weekly TDD death benefits increased to $800 (up from $725).
· The maximum total compensation payable to a widowed spouse with no children increased to $320,000 (up from $290,000).
The revised Panel of Physicians will include the following changes:
· The format on the form from boxes to lines across the page.
· A line was added for the Insurer Email.
· Instructions to the injured worker were added.
· Three additional lines for a doctor if needed, you can still add additional doctors on a separate sheet if needed.
If you would like us to mail you a revised Bill of Rights and Panel of Physicians and/or you have any questions, please give me a call at (478) 751-2930 office or send me an email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Director of Client Relations