Contrary to popular belief, most Americans with a substance use disorder are employed and continue to hold down a job. The National Council on Alcoholism and Drug Dependence (NCADD) reports that more than 70 percent of drug abusers are employed with cocaine and marijuana being the most common illicit drugs abused on the job. Furthermore, most are binge drinkers. Making the situation even worse is that 64 percent of them indicate that they get the drugs while at work!
The annual Drug Free Workplace Program presented by Macon Occupational Medicine is scheduled for Tuesday, May 22nd starting at 11:00 a.m. in the “H Building” Auditorium on the Macon campus of Central Georgia Technical College off of Eisenhower Parkway. As always, this invite-only event is FREE and includes a complimentary lunch as well.
With the opioid crisis facing America, we highly recommend that you or one of your company representatives attend this seminar. If you currently have a Drug Free Workplace program in place, it is essential that you stay up-to-date with the latest trends in your community and in your workplace.
Substance use disorders affect 20.8 million Americans. As an employer, they are
- 2.5 times more likely than other non-abusing co-workers to be absent eight or more days a year.
- 3.6 times more likely to be involved in an accident at work.
- 5 times more likely to file a workers’ compensation claim.
We realize that the health of your business may depend on us. As your trusted source, that is one of the primary reasons why we host and pay for this annual event. For this year’s seminar, MOM has once again partnered with our great local and industry resources to make sure you receive the most relevant information possible to help your business be a Drug Free Workplace.
- Chuck Wade, Executive Director, The Council on Alcohol and Drugs
- Sgt. Brad Surfus, Bibb County Sheriff’s Office
- Dell Cole, GBI agent assigned to the Macon DEA’s office
Location: Central Georgia Technical College, “H” Building, Macon Campus
RSVP: By Friday, May 18th
Cost: FREE & includes Lunch
As a certified Drug Free Workplace, you will receive a 7.5% discount on your workers’ compensation premium. Additional benefits include:
- Reduced hiring costs
- Reduced employee losses, errors and repairs as well as risks to company’s assets
- Lower accident rates which results in lower costs for auto and liability insurance
- Reduced employee absenteeism, tardiness and turnover
- Lower health insurance costs
- Increased prevention of employee theft, fraud and damage losses
- Safer workplace for you and your employees
- Increase in employee productivity
- Improved employee morale
Leave a reply →
If you need any assistance establishing your program or to RSVP, please contact Jonathan Pitts
, Vice President of Client Relations at (478) 751-2930